Monday, November 10, 2008

Pay No Attention to That Man Behind the Curtain

Who would have known that a tiny little baby can bring a grown man to tears? And not just any grown man, but my husband ... the man who hates people, the man who hates kids, the man who if he had his way; would be the ONLY man to grace the planet Earth.

But within the past 2-3 weeks, I have seen just that. My husband has become a blubbering fool. Take this weekend for example. Saturday morning, Gramps decided that he wanted to surprise our little mommy with an outfit for the Granddaughter. Now, please understand - Gramps HATES the mall - HATES anything to do with spending money. But, would you believe that Gramps spent money?!? (Granted, it was my money) but HE spent at least two hours walking in and out of stores trying to find the perfect outfit for his lil' peanut.

And then, there was Saturday night: In order to give Mommy a rest, The Granddaughter is sometimes sleeping with Granny and Gramps. During a middle of the night diaper changing - with baby wailing and legs in the air; The Granddaughter lets one rip - we are not talking urine here, folks. What does Gramps do? Nothing! He thinks it is cute! Cute? How is feces on a bedspread cute?

This is not my husband! He sings cutsie songs! He talks in baby talk! He forgets all about me - and it is all about the baby! (I'm not complaining on that last point, I'm just saying ...)

What it boils down to is this: Gramps is a softie! This lil' girl has come into our homes and turned him into a big blob of mush! Again, Pay No Attention to That Man Behind the Curtain ... He is not what he appears to be!

5 comments:

LVGurl said...

I'm so happy that the little one is bringing so much joy to your lives! :)

Cate Subrosa said...

Aw, that is so sweet! Amazing what a baby will do to a grumpy old man like Gramps! :P

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. There's nothing like a little girl to make a man all mushy.
And feces on a bedspread is NOT cute, I agree.

Have the T-shirt said...

Didn't take her long to wrap him around her teeny tiny finger, did it?!

Gramps said...

I protest! I am not a softie. I am curmudgeon; hear me roar!